Model type V14 16HP
Electrics 12v dynamo and original electric lights
Engine 4 cylinder
Capacity 2.9 litre
fuel gravity feed
cooling water pump and fan - honeycomb radiator
clutch leather cone type
gears 4 forward and one reverse, transmission worm under drive
brakes rear wheel only foot brake to transmission handbrake to rear drum
tyres 815 x 105
This is one of the cars designed by Mr Owen Cleg after he had been brought in from Rover to assist the ailing Darracq plant in Paris. The car bears more than a passing resemblance to the Rover of the same period.
The history of this car is fairly well recorded as it was rallied extensively during the 1940's and 1950's .
It was with one owner for 28 Years before being sold by Sotheby's in 1988, since that time it has undergone a lengthy rebuild and restoration.
The car was acquired by David Locket in December 1998.